Mr. Ayala’s practice includes administrative and civil litigation, immigration matters and corporate representation and counseling. He represents clients before the U.S. federal and state courts, and counsels clients regarding federal civil and criminal procedure, as well as the immigration consequences of state and federal criminal proceedings.
Mr. Ayala has been in private practice for over 10 years. Prior to that, Mr. Ayala served as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida, in which capacity he completed over four hundred civil and criminal cases including twenty-one federal jury trials.
He began his practice with private firms in Michigan and Florida, concentrating in public finance and commercial transactions. He holds Bachelors degrees from Princeton University in Politics and Florida Atlantic University in Computer Science as well as a Juris Doctorate from the University of Virginia. Mr. Ayala has been a member of the Florida Bar since 1991 and the State Bar of Michigan since 1987.
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville VA, Juris Doctor, 1986
- Princeton University, Princeton NJ, A.B. (Politics), 1981
- Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton FL, B.S. with Honors (Computer Science), 2003
- University of Florida, Gainesville FL, Graduate Studies in Computer Science, 2003-2006
- Your Client has a Foreign Conviction. What now ?", by Terrence Ayala and Ellen von Geyso from AILA's VOICE 22 (November/December 2012 Edition)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Princeton Club of South Florida
- The Florida Bar (1991)
- State Bar of Michigan (1987)
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida (1992)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (1987)
- Conversant in Spanish
- Working knowledge of German and Farsi